This delicious Quinoa, Beet and Arugula Salad Recipe not only tastes fantastic, it’s just 5 Points + per serving. It makes a wonderful idea for a unique side dish recipe that is Weight Watchers friendly.
- 3 cups arugula, chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3-4 beets, peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan, and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Cover pan and bring the water to a boil. Add beets, cover pan, and steam until just tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare quinoa according to package instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, whisk olive oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- Remove quinoa from heat, then immediately add half of the vinegar dressing while fluffing the quinoa with a fork; reserve remaining dressing. Cover and refrigerate quinoa until cool, at least 1 hour.
- Stir green onions, arugula, goat cheese, beets, and remaining dressing into cooled quinoa mixture. Toss lightly before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 1 cup
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 198 calories; 7g fat; 25g carbohydrates; 7g protein; 4g fiber